It was once a secret ingredient that puzzled your brain. Why does Chinese food taste so delicious? And then the secret came out in the open. Ajinomoto was like a magic ingredient that made food tastier than we ever imagined it to be. But while it has amazing taste, it has a few benefits and a few harmful effects on your body.
- It enhances the flavor and it has a unique taste that cannot be replicated by using any other ingredient.
- A lot of cuisines use this ingredient to make the food more enjoyable to eat.
- It may not have nutritional value, but it doesn’t have any preservatives either.
Ajinomoto has a compound called MSG or Monosodium Glutamate which is a sodium salt. If excessive MSG is consumed, it can cause the following side effects.
- Headache, nausea and sweating.
- Excessive and regular consumption can also cause brain damage.
- In the long run, it can gradually lead to numerous diseases.
It can be consumed but in low amounts. Don’t eat large quantities of ajinomoto regularly. That can be harmful.
How to eat ajinomoto?
- You can add it to noodles and soup when you’re cooking or even in simple dishes like fried rice.
- Make sure you don’t add a lot of it to readymade noodles as they have ajinomoto in the taste maker.
- Sometimes, you can even sprinkle a small quantity of it in a bag of chips, mix and eat. The flavor changes drastically.